Sunmee Choi, Professor of Service Operations is currently on leave from Yonsei University (Seoul, Korea), serving as the Founding Dean of College of Business and Management at VinUniversity. Prior to her current appointment, she was the Associate Vice President of International Affaors for Yonsei University (March 2014 – February 2016); Director of Graduate Studies for School of Business at Yonsei University (March 2013 – February 2014); and Associate Dean for School of Business at Yonsei University (March 2010 – February 2011).
- Services Operations Management
- Revenue Management
- Customer Experience Management
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Kim, Jiyoung, Sunmee Choi, and Drew Martin. 2020. The effect of a customer’s perceived customer-to-customer interaction quality on the customer’s perceived service quality, Journal of Services Marketing, Forthcoming.
- Aksoy, Lerzan, Linda Alkire (née Nasr), Sunmee Choi, Peter Kim, and Lu Zhang. 2019. Social innovation in service: a conceptual framework and research agenda, Journal of Service Management, 30(3): 429-448.
- Breidbach, Christoph, Choi, Sunmee, Ellway, Ben P., Keating, Byron W., Kormusheva, Katerina, Kowakaski, Christian, Lim, Chiehyeon, and Maglio, Paul P. 2018. Operating without operations: How is technology changing the role of the firm?, Journal of Service Management, 29(5): 809-833.
- Merchant, Altaf, Gregory Rose, Drew Martin, Sunmee Choi, and Mohit Gour. 2017. Cross-cultural folk-tale-elicitation research on the perceived power, humanistic and religious symbolisms, and use of money, Journal of Business Research. 74(May):113-119.
- Kim, Shinyoung, Sunmee Choi, and Rohit Verma. 2017. Providing feedback to service customers: The effect of the presentation order and repetition of feedback types. Journal of Service Management, 28(2): 389-416.
- Kim, Sooyun, Geebum Park, Yeonjoo Lee, and Sunmee Choi. 2016. Customer emotions and their triggers in luxury retail: Understanding the effects of customer emotions before and after entering a luxury shop. Journal of Business Research. 62(12): 5809-5818.
- Martin, Drew, Anders Gustafsson and Sunmee Choi. 2016. Service innovation, renewal, and adoption/rejection in dynamic global contexts. Journal of Business Research. 69:2397-2400.
- Service Operations Management
- Revenue Management
SELECTED AWARDS AND HONORS
- Best paper award, Korean Production & Operations Management Society Conference, 2018
- Best Teaching Award, Yonsei University, 2008, 2013, 2018
- Best Teaching Award, School of Business, Yonsei University, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018
- Article of the Year, Korean Production Management Research Journal, 2010
- Excellent Paper Award, Research Paper Competition in the Area of Service Management, Korea Service Management Society and Korean Standards Association, 2008, 2010.
- Article of the Year, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research, 2006
- PhD, Cornell University, USA, 2001
- MS, Cornell University, USA, 2001
- BA, Yonsei University, Korea, 1991