Dr. Alex Nguyen obtained her PhD in Finance from the University of Adelaide, Australia. Before joining VinUniversity, she has had 9 years of teaching experience in both Vietnam and Australia. Prior to her teaching career, Dr. Alex had diverse industry experience at KPMG, VietinBank, and CMC corporation. She is currently the co-founder of a Facebook page named “Ca phe Fin”, that provides financial management consulting services for Vietnamese SMEs.
Google Scholar ID: click here
ORCID: click here
- Financial analysts
- Corporate finance
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Nguyen, L. T. M., Cheong, C. S., & Zurbruegg, R. (2021). Brokerage M&As and the peer effect on analyst forecast accuracy. International Review of Financial Analysis, 73, 101650.
- Nguyen, L. T. M., & Dinh, P. H. (2021). Ex-ante risk management and financial stability during the COVID-19 pandemic: a study of Vietnamese firms. China Finance Review International.
- Nguyen, C.K., Nguyen, A.Q., Nguyen, N.Q., Nguyen, T.T.M., Chu, A.N., and Nguyen, L.T.M. (2021) Cash Holding and Financial Stability during a Crisis: A Case Study of Vietnamese Firms in Covid-19 Pandemic, Forum for Social Economics, Forthcoming
- Nguyen, L.T.M. and Duong, S. (2022). Policy Response to Covid-19 Pandemic and Its Impact on the Vietnamese Economy: An Analysis of Social Media. In Shifting Economic, Financial and Banking Paradigm (pp. 47-61). Springer, Cham.
AWARDS AND HONORS
- 2015 – 2018: Beacon of Enlightenment PhD Scholarship
- 2015: Employee of the Year Award – FPT University
- 2012: Best New Lecturer Award – FPT University
- 2012: Westminster Business School Prize
- 2011 – 2012: Westminster International Scholarship
- 2010: First Laureate – Foreign Trade University
- Doctor of Philosophy in Finance, the University of Adelaide, Australia
- Master of Science in Finance and Accounting, University of Westminster, UK
- Bachelor of International Business Economics, Foreign Trade University, Vietnam
- CFA level III