Dr. Siddiqui is a Psychiatrist with a PhD in Medical Education. Her career started in 1995 as a medical educator at the WHO Collaborating Centre for Educational Development in the EMRO region based at the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Pakistan. Later, she received a British Council Fellowship, followed by a scholarship to study at Adelaide University in Australia. On her return, she joined Aga Khan University and led faculty development. Within a year, she was selected to lead the Higher Education Commission in Pakistan as the inaugural Director General of Learning Innovation. She led nationwide faculty development initiatives and still has ongoing significant involvement in Pakistan including multiple invited presentations, and work as a research supervisor. In 2005, she joined the University of Western Australia as the assessment lead. She led the development and coordination of the longitudinal MD Portfolio. Dr. Siddiqui has received numerous awards/nominations for Excellence in teaching and supervision. Her two projects “Assessment Zone” and “EnEx” were shortlisted for Ronald Harden Innovation in Medical Education (RHIME) internationally. She also received numerous grants from UWA to establish a community of practice and introduce creative assessment practices. She has represented UWA on several national projects including e-portfolios and Science and Gender Equity Panel (SAGE).
Google Scholar ID: click here
ORCID: click here
- Communities of Practice
- Faculty development
- Transition Assessment
- Early Clinical Experiences
- Medical Humanities
SELECTED AWARDS AND HONORS
- 2019 Faculty Excellence in Teaching Nomination
- 2019 Improving Gender Equity in Health Professions Education: ANZAHPE Research Grant
- 2019 Ronald Harden Innovation in Medical Education Shortlisted for Project EnEx: Capacity development of students in research.
- 2018 Peers Learning Together: A Community of Practice in Assessment and Feedback: Funding received from Educational Enhancement Unit at the University of Western Australia.
- 2018 Faculty Excellence Award in Teaching: Nomination for outstanding contribution to Student Learning
- 2017 Faculty Excellence Award in Teaching: Nomination for outstanding contribution to Student Learning
- 2017 Community Award for the Top 25 Migrant Professionals in Western Australia.
- 2016 Faculty Excellence Award in Teaching: Nomination for outstanding contribution to Student Learning
- 2016 Centre for Education Futures, UWA Scholarship for Innovation in Education
- PhD, Medical Education, University of Western Australia, 2014
- MEd, Educational Studies University of Adelaide, Australia, 2001
- Certificate, Counselling Skills, City University, London, UK, 1999
- Membership, Psychiatry (MCPS) College of Physicians & Surgeons, Pakistan, 1998
- BSM, Medicine & Surgery, University of Karachi, Pakistan, 1990