Dr Giang Phi holds a PhD in Tourism Management from Griffith University, Australia. Giang possesses a unique background blending industry, INGO and academic experiences that enable her to develop unique insight and practical approaches to sustainable development, tourism management and mission-driven entrepreneurship. Besides serving on the advisory board of CBT Travel & Consulting social enterprise since 2014, Giang has engaged in high-profile consulting projects for the European Commission and Tourism Accommodation Australia. Prior to joining VinUniversity, she worked as an Assistant Professor at Aalborg University, Copenhagen, Denmark. Having lived and worked in 4 countries across 3 continents, Giang now focuses on bringing her global experience to drive positive changes through impactful teaching, research and community services in Vietnam.
Google Scholar ID: click here
ORCID: click here
- Sustainable development
- Tourism & Event
- Design thinking
- Le, D., & Phi, G. (2021). Strategic responses of the hotel sector to COVID-19: Toward a refined pandemic crisis management framework. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 94, 102808.
- Adams, K. M., Choe, J., Mostafanezhad, M., & Phi, G. T. (2021). (Post-) pandemic tourism resiliency: Southeast Asian lives and livelihoods in limbo. Tourism Geographies, 1-22.
- Phi, G. T. (2020). Framing overtourism: A critical news media analysis. Current issues in Tourism, 23(17), 2093-2097.
- Phi, G. T., & Dredge, D. (2019). Collaborative tourism-making: An interdisciplinary review of co-creation and a future research agenda. Tourism Recreation Research, 44(3), 284-299.
- Phi, Giang & Dredge, D. (2021). Critical Issues in Tourism Co-creation (Eds). Routledge: New York
- Dredge, D., Phi, GTL, Mahadevan, R., Meehan, E., & Popescu, E.(2019). Digitalisation in Tourism: In-depth analysis of challenges and opportunities. Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (EASME), European Commission. https://ec. europa. eu/docsroom/documents/33163/attachments/1/translations/en/renditions/native
AWARDS AND HONORS
- 2018 TEFI Excellence Award for Early-Career Scholarship by Tourism Education Futures Initiatives (TEFI) network
- 2017 Teaching Excellence Recognition Scheme (TERS) Award by Griffith Business School, Griffith University
- 2016 Biennial Donald Getz Award for Outstanding Research in Planned Events by Cognizant Communications
- 2010 University Medal by Southern Cross University for outstanding academic achievement
- Doctor of Philosophy in Tourism Management, Griffith University
- Bachelor of Business in Tourism Management, Southern Cross University
- Bachelor of Business in Convention & Event Management, Southern Cross University
- University Pedagogy for Assistant Professors, equivalent to ‘Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Teaching and Learning’ – Aalborg University