Dr (Jenny) Dung Le is an Assistant Professor in the College of Business and Management. Before joining VinUniversity, she has 10 years of teaching experiences at various universities in Vietnam and Australia. Dr Le completed her doctoral program at Griffith University, Australia, in 2020 and has published many papers in the top-ranking tourism and hospitality journals, including International Journal of Hospitality Management, Journal of Sustainable Tourism, Current Issues in Tourism, Tourism Review. Her teaching and research interests include eye-tracking technology, digital marketing, emotions, experience design, crisis management and sustainability. Also, she participated in several consulting projects for industry partners (e.g., Mantra hotel group, Intrepid Travel group, Vietnam Electricity group) and provided practical implications based on customer research.
- Eye-tracking technology
- Digital marketing
- Customer emotions
- Experience design
- Crisis management
- Le, D., & Phi, G., (2020). Strategic responses of the hotel sector to COVID-19 pandemic: Towards a pandemic crisis management framework. International Journal of Hospitality Management (A*). doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2020.102808
- Le, D., Pratt, M., Wang, Y., Scott, N., & Lohmann, G. (2020). How to win the consumer’s heart? Exploring appraisal determinants of consumer pre-consumption emotions. International Journal of Hospitality Management (A*), 88, 102542. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2020.102542
- Le, D., Scott, N., Becken, S., & Connolly, R. (2019). Tourists’ aesthetic assessment of environmental changes, linking conservation planning to sustainable tourism development. Journal of Sustainable Tourism (A*), 27(10), 1477-1494. doi:10.1080/09669582.2019.1632869
- Le, D., Scott, N., & Lohmann, G. (2019). Applying experiential marketing in selling tourism dreams. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing (A), 36(2), 220-235. doi:10.1080/10548408.2018.1526158
- Scott, N., Le, D., Becken, S., & Connolly, R. (2019). Measuring perceived beauty of the Great Barrier Reef using eye-tracking technology. Current Issues in Tourism (A), doi:10.1080/13683500.2019.1626812.
- Scott, N., Zhang, R., Le, D., & Moyle, B. (2017). A review of eye-tracking research in tourism. Current Issues in Tourism (A), 22(10), 1244-1261. doi:10.1080/13683500.2017.1367367
- Skavronskaya, L., Scott, N., Moyle, B., Le, D., Hadinejad, A., Zhang, R., . . . Shakeela, A. (2017). Cognitive psychology and tourism research: state of the art. Tourism Review (A), 72(2), 221-237. doi:10.1108/TR-03-2017-0041.
(*) Note: Her full list of publications can be found here.
- PhD (2020), Dept. of Tourism, Hospitality and Sport Management, Griffith University, Australia
- Master in Management of Information technology and Tourism (2011), Paris Dauphine University, France
- Master in Marketing (2010), University of Toulouse 1, France
- Bachelor in International Business (2004), Foreign Trade University
SELECTED AWARDS AND HONORS
- Australia-ASEAN tourism and hospitality Smart recovery project grant (2020), Australia-ASEAN council, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Australia
- Co-investigator, Government-funded research project NESP 5.5 (2019-2020), NESP Tropical Water Quality (TWQ) Hub, National Environmental Science Program (NESP), Australia
- Co-investigator, Government-funded research project NESP 3.2.3 (2017-2018), NESP Tropical Water Quality (TWQ) Hub, National Environmental Science Program (NESP), Australia
- Thesis of Excellence Award (2020), Griffith University, Australia
- Publication Assistance Scholarship (2019), Griffith University, Australia
- Griffith University International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (2016 – 2019), Griffith University, Australia
- CAUTHE 2018 bursary for PhD students, CAUTHE, Australia
- Scholarship of Excellence (2009), Embassy of France in Vietnam