Associate Professor Dr Vu Anh Dzung is the Founding Head of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences. Before working at VinUniversity, Dr Dzung Vu was the Founding Standing Vice-Rector of Vietnam Japan University – Vietnam National University, Hanoi. Prior to that, he was Dean of the Faculty of International Business and Economics and Vice-Rector of the University of Economics and Business. Graduated with PhD degree at University of Cambridge, Dr Dzung Vu gained substantial experience in different high-level positions as a Senior Manager, Marketing Director, and Consultant in prestigious companies and corporations like Heineken, Tiger, UTStarcom Diageo, GSK, Cadbury and others. He was also the co-founder of BrotherIMC on integrated communications. Dr Dzung Vu is a pioneer in applying CDIO initiative (from MIT) on developing and implementing an outcome-based curriculum for undergraduate and graduate programs in Vietnam. He has also successfully brought the 1st undergraduate economics program in Vietnam for international quality assurance assessment by ASEAN University Network-Quality Assurance (AUN-QA).
- MNCs/TNCs and aspects of International Manufacturing Network, Global Value Chains, Supply Chain and Supply Chain Network Management, R&D Network, Organizational Structure and Re-structure; Mergers and Acquisitions; Digital Transformation.
- Brand and Marketing Management; Consumer Behaviors.
- Green and Sustainable Development; Economics of Climate Change.
- Big Data for Social Listening and Understanding.
- Future of Higher Education and University Governance.
- Marketing Management; Digital Marketing; Brand Management; International Business; International Management; Strategy; International Trade/Economics.
- Vu, D.A. (2020), Green Supply Chain towards Green Growth, Science and Technics Publishing House,
- Vu, D.A. (2020), International Business Strategy, Science and Technics Publishing House.
- Tran, T. B. H., Vu, D.A. (2019), ‘Effect of relationship marketing tactics on customer entitlement’, Journal of Asian Business and Economic Studies, 30(3), 50-67.
- Tran, T. B. H., Vu, D.A. & Pham, T. L. (2018), ‘Effect of transformational leadership and shared leadership on team knowledge sharing’, Journal of Economics & Development, 254, 90-98.
- Vu, D.A. & Hanh, T.H.H. (2018), ‘Factors affecting the attraction R&D-Related FDI from Japanese TNCs to Vietnam’, Review of World Economic and Political Issues.
- Nguyen, T.A., Vu, D.A., et al. (2017), ‘Human ecological effects of tropical storms in the coastal area of Ky Anh (Ha Tinh, Vietnam)’, Environment, Development and Sustainability – A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, ISI, Springers ISSN 1387-585X
- Nguyen, V.K., Vu, D.A., Nguyen, Q.N. (2016), ‘R&D investment of Japanese multinational corporations in Vietnam through Green supply chain: Case of Ajinomoto’, Journal of Sustainability Science and Management, Scopus, Vol. 11 No. 1, pp. 43-52.
- Vu, D.A., Nguyen, H.T., Hoang, N.H. (2015), ‘Green supply chain practices in the retail industry in Vietnam: The case of Big C’, Review of World Economic and Political Issues, No. 6 (230), July 2015.
- Vu, D.A., Cao, T. O., Hoang, N.H. (2014), ‘Model of India’s national innovation system and some policy implications for Vietnam’, Review of World Economic and Political Issues, No. 4 (216), pp.22 – 34, April 2014.
- Vu, D.A. & Dang, M. X (2012, 2013), Vietnam M&A Review: In Search of Synergy, Science and Technics Publishing House, Hanoi, Vietnam. ISBN: 978-604-670049-0 (Vietnamese and English Editions).
- Vu, D.A (2012), International Business Strategy: Practices in Vietnam, Asia and the world, Science and Technics Publishing House, Hanoi, Vietnam. ISBN: 978-604-67-0009-8.
- Vu, D.A (2012), Product and brand divestiture: inside international brands, Science and Technics Publishing House, Hanoi, Vietnam. ISBN: 978-604-67-0010-14.
- Phung, N.X. & Vu, D.A. (2011), Building and Developing Undergraduate and Graduate Program Based upon the CDIO Approach, Vietnam National University Publishing House, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Vu, D.A., Shi, Y.J and Gregory, M. (2010), ‘Brand and Product Integration in Horizontal Mergers and Acquisitions’, European Journal of International Management, SSCI (ISI) & Scopus, Vol. 4, Nos. 1/2, pp. 79-119.
- Khu, M.T. & Vu, D.A. (Editors) (2009), International Economics (Textbook), Vietnam National University Publishing House, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Vu, D.A., Shi, Y.J. and Hanby, T. (2009), ‘Strategic Framework for Brand Integration in International Horizontal Mergers and Acquisitions’, Journal of Technology Management (in China), Vol. 4, Issue 1, pp. 26-52.
- Advanced Political Theory, 2017, Ho Chi Minh National Academy of Politics
- Ph.D. in International Operations Management, 2008, Cambridge University
- MBA in International Business, 2001, Webster University
- BA in English, 1998, ULIS – Vietnam National University
- BE in Accounting, 1998, Vietnam Commercial University
- BE in Marketing for Industrial Goods, 1996, Vietnam Commercial University
SELECTED AWARDS AND HONORS
- Professorship (i.e. Associate Professor in Economics) appointment by the State Council (2014).
- Best book prizes (Silver and Bronze) awarded by the state committee for one textbook & one monograph book (2013).
- Best paper award (by Emerald Group Publishing Limited for the paper entitled ‘Strategic Framework from Brand Integration in International Horizontal Mergers and Acquisitions’).
- PhD Scholarship.
- Webster University Merit Scholarship and ‘Outstanding Graduate Student Award’ for combining highest GPA and most respected student voted by professors, staff, and students of the University.
- Scholarship granted by The Association for Overseas Technical Scholarship of Joint Japan and Singapore Governments for Human Resources Management Development in Singapore.