Dung D. Le is currently an Assistant Professor of Computer Science at College of Engineering and Computer Science, VinUniversity, Vietnam. He is a former senior data scientist in Ads and Personalization team, Grab Holdings Inc. and a former research scientist in School of Information Systems, Singapore Management University (SMU). He earned his PhD in Data Science and Engineering from SMU, working with Associate Professor Hady W. Lauw. In his candidature, he has been recognized with SMU Presidential Doctoral Fellowship Award (AY2018 and AY2019) and SMU PhD Student Life Award (AY2018 and AY2019). Formerly, he earned his Degree of Engineer in Mathematics and Informatics from Hanoi University of Science and Technology, in 2014.
More information about him can be found at: https://andrew-dungle.github.io/
His research interest includes recommender systems, information retrieval, and visual analytics. Specifically, his research works have been focusing on designing algorithms for analyzing user-generated data, understanding user preferences from the data, and applying the learnt knowledge to create user-centric applications.
- Dung D. Le, Hady W. Lauw, Efficient Retrieval of Matrix Factorization-based Top-k Recommendations: A Survey of Recent Approaches, Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research (JAIR), 2021.
- Dung D. Le, Hady W. Lauw, Stochastically Robust Personalized Ranking for LSH Recommendation Retrieval, AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI’20), Feb 2020.
- Dung D. Le, Hady W. Lauw, Learning Multiple Maps from Conditional Ordinal Triplets, International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI’19), full paper, Aug 2019.
- Dung D. Le, Hady W. Lauw, Multiperspective Graph-Theoretic Similarity Measure, ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM’18), full paper, Oct 2018.
- Dung D. Le, Hady W. Lauw, Indexable Bayesian Personalized Ranking for Efficient Top-k Recommendations, ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM’17), full paper, Nov 2017.
- Dung D. Le, Hady W. Lauw, Euclidean Co-Embedding of Ordinal Data for Multi-Type Visualization, SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (SDM’16), full paper, May 2016.
- Dung D. Le, Hady W. Lauw, Recent Advances on Scalable Retrieval of Personalized Recommendations, the Thirty-Third AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-19), January 27 – February 1, 2019.
- Dung D. Le, Hady W. Lauw, Personalized Discovery and Expansion of User-Curated Visual Clusters.
AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
- Conference Travel Awards: AAAI-20, IJCAI-19, AAAI-19, CIKM-18, CIKM-17, SDM-16.
- Winner of SMU Presidential Doctoral Fellowship Award AY2018 and AY2019.
- Recipient of SMU PhD Student Life Award, AY2018 and AY2019.
- Postgraduate scholarship, Singapore Management University ( Aug 2015 ).
- Honored as the valedictorian of School of Applied Mathematics and Informatics, Hanoi University of Science and Technology (Sep 2014).
- Scholarships of Vietnam National Program for the Development of Mathematics AY13-14, AY12-13.
- Lawrence S.Ting scholarship for excellent student AY2011-12.
- Honored as excellent student of AY2011-12.
- National Mathematics Competition for University Students (first prize – 2010, second prize – 2011).
- PhD in Data Science and Engineering, Singapore Management University, 2015-2019.
- Degree of Engineer in Mathematics and Informatics (5-year advanced undergraduate program), Hanoi University of Science and Technology, 2009-2014.