Dr. Linh has held different positions at Vingroup from 2014 to 2019: Director of Human Resources at Vinmec Healthcare System, Director of Health Sciences Education and led the team to establish VinUniversity College of Health Sciences (CHS) in late 2019. He is currently member of Vinmec Scientific Executive Committee and Vice Chair of Vinmec-VinUni Ethical Review Committee.
Before joining Vingroup, Dr. Linh worked almost 17 years at Hanoi University of Public Health (HUPH) – the first and only university in the area of Public Health in Vietnam. At HUPH, he contributed significantly to the strategic development and dedicatedly served at different positions: Chair of Dept. of Demography, Vice Director of Faculty of Health Management, Head of Graduate Education Office, Chair of the Institutional Review Board of Bio-medical ethics, etc. As a scholar, he taught demography, population and development, research methodology, research ethics, biostatistics and data analysis, etc. Dr Linh played the key role in the introduction and development of undergraduate, master and doctoral public health programs and master in hospital management in Vietnam.
Dr. Linh provided technical support as short-term consultant to numerous projects and organizations including EU, WHO, UNFPA, UNICEF, etc. in Vietnam, China, Laos, The Philippines, etc. He also served as panelists to review candidates for Vietnam Education Foundation in 2004-2005. From 2013 to 2014, he served as international key expert for Institutional and Technical Support Project – a European Union funded program to Government of India at National Institute of Health and Family Welfare in New Delhi that helps to build up the capacity of doctors and health professionals in India.
Google Scholar ID: click here
ORCID: click here
Dr. Linh served as national advisor for adolescent health projects, a researcher and advocator of injury prevention in Vietnam with contribution to the law and policies on road traffic safety. Besides injury epidemiology and adolescent health issues, his research interests include population and reproductive health, applied information technology in health, public health / medical education, and recently cancer epidemiology.
- Trevisan M, Le LC, Le AV. The COVID-19 pandemic: a view from Vietnam. Am J Public Health. (2020) 110:1152–3. 10.2105/AJPH.2020.305751 https://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/full/10.2105/AJPH.2020.305751
- Utuama O, Mukhtar F, Pham YT-H, Dabo B, Manani P, Moser J, Michael-Asalu A, Chi TDT, Linh CL, Thanh VL, Khanh TV, Park J, Boffetta P, Zheng W, Shu X. (2019) Racial/ethnic, age and sex disparities in leukemia survival among adults in the United States during 1973-2014 period. PLoS ONE 14(8): e0220864. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0220864
- Kiara Lyons, Linh C. Le, Yen T.-H. Pham, Claire Borron, Jong Y. Park, Chi T.D. Tran, Thuan V. Tran, Huong T.-T. Tran, Khanh T. Vu, Cuong D. Do, Claudio Pelucchi, Carlo La Vecchia, Janice Zgibor, Paolo Boffetta and Hung N. Luu. Gastric cancer: epidemiology, biology, and prevention: a mini review. Journal of Cancer Prevention, 2019.
- Nguyen MT, Tran MT, Tran CD, Tran QH, Tuong TVT, Phung LN, Vu HX, Le LC, Boffetta P, Luu HN. The Association Between Birth Order and Childhood Brain Tumors: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. European Journal of Cancer Prevention, 2019.
- Luu HN, Boffetta P, Dabo B, Park JY, Mukhtar F, Tran CD, Tran TV, Tran HTT, Whitney M, Risch H, Le LC, Zheng W, Shu XO. Disparities by Race, Age, and Sex in the Improvement of Survival for Lymphoma: Findings from a Population-based Study. PLoS One, 2018.
- Do, T. H., Le, L. C., Burgess, J. A. & Bui, D. S. 2014. Determinants of condom use at sexual debut among young Vietnamese. Int J Adolesc Med Health, 1-8. DOI: 10.1515/ijamh-2013-0322
- Gibbs, S. E., Le, L.C., Dao, H. B. & Blum, R. W. 2014. Peer and community influences on the acceptance of premarital sex among Vietnamese adolescents. J Paediatr Child Health.
- Le, Linh C.; Blum, Robert W. Road traffic injury of young people in Vietnam: evidence from two rounds of national adolescent health surveys, 2004 – 2009. Global Health Action; Vol 6 (2013) incl Supplements, 2013.
- Le, Linh C.; Vu, Lan Hoang. Audio Computer-Assisted Self Interview Compared to Traditional Interview in an HIV-Related Behavioral Survey in Vietnam. MEDICC review. Vol. 14 (4): October 2012.
- Robert W Blum, Francisco IPM Bastos, Caroline W Kabiru, Linh C Le. Adolescent health in the 21st century. The Lancet– 28 April 2012 (Vol. 379, Issue 9826, Pages 1567-1568) DOI: 10.1016/S0140-6736(12)60407-3.
- Le, Linh C.; Blum, Robert W. Changes and challenges on intentional injury in Vietnam: evidences from two national adolescent health surveys, 2004 and 2009. Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health, 2012 Jun 28. doi:10.1177/1010539512448525.
- Le, Linh C.; Blum, Robert W. Intentional Injury in Young People in Vietnam: Prevalence and Social Correlates. MEDICC review. Vol. 13 (3): July 2011.
- George C. Patton; Russell M. Viner; Le Cu Linh; Shanthi Ameratunga; Adesegun O. Fatusi; Jane Ferguson; Vikram Patel. Mapping a Global Agenda for Adolescent Health. Journal of Adolescent Health Volume 47, Issue 5 , Pages 427-432, November 2010.
- Le, Linh C.; Blum, Robert W. Premarital sex among youth in Vietnam. International Journal of Adolescent Medicine and Health. Vol. 21 (3): 299-312, 2009.
- Le, Linh C. Unintended live birth vs. Abortion: What factors affect the choices of Vietnamese women and couples?. Asia-Pacific Population Journal, Vol. 21, no. 2:45-66, August 2006.
- Population and Development / Demographic studies
- Biostatistics and quantitative methods
- Health system research / Medical research methodology
- Adolescent health
- Applied epidemiology
- Research ethics
Selected awards and honors
- Special diploma of excellence with special recognition for the development of Vietnam, awarded by the Prime Minister of Vietnam – 2011.
- Special diploma for the significant contribution to the health sector of Vietnam, awarded by the Minister of Health of Vietnam – 2011.
- Young Researcher Scholarship Award: 37th APACPH Conference in Conjunction with 2005 Asia Pacific Health Forum (2005 APACPH & APHF), November 2005, Taiwan.
- MD, Hanoi Medical University, 1995
- Engineer of Computer Science, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, 1999
- MS, Tulane University, 2000
- PhD, Tulane University, 2002