Dr. Linh has held different positions at Vingroup since 2014 — Director of Human Resources and Director of University Project at Vinmec. In 2017, Dr. Linh joined VinUni as Director of Health Sciences Education. Before joining Vingroup, Dr. Linh worked almost 17 years at the Hanoi University of Public Health and served with dedication in different positions: Chair of Dept. of Demography, Head of Graduate Education Office, Chair of the Institutional Review Board of Biomedical Ethics. He contributed significantly to the development and successful implementation of different education programs, such as Master of Public Health, Doctorate of Public Health, and Master of Hospital Management. Dr. Linh is a member of the editorial board of the Vietnam Journal of Public Health, International Journal of Cuban Health & Medicine (MEDICC Review), and peer reviewer of several other professional journals worldwide. He provided technical support as a consultant to numerous projects and organizations including EU, WHO, UNFPA, UNICEF, etc. in Vietnam, China, The Philippines. In 2013, he served as an international key expert at the National Institute of Health and Family Welfare in New Delhi under an EU-funded program to the Government of India that helps to build up the capacity of doctors and health professionals in India.
Dr. Linh served as a national advisor for adolescent health projects. He is a researcher and advocator of injury prevention in Vietnam with contributions to the law and policies on road traffic safety. Besides injury epidemiology and adolescent health issues, his research interests include population and reproductive health, applied information technology in health, public health/medical education, and more recently, cancer epidemiology.
- Utuama O, Mukhtar F, Pham YT-H, Dabo B, Manani P, Moser J, Michael-Asalu A, Chi TDT, Linh CL, Thanh VL, Khanh TV, Park J, Boffetta P, Zheng W, Shu X. (2019) Racial/ethnic, age and sex disparities in leukemia survival among adults in the United States during 1973-2014 period. PLoS ONE 14(8): e0220864. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0220864
- Kiara Lyons, Linh C. Le, Yen T.-H. Pham, Claire Borron, Jong Y. Park, Chi T.D. Tran, Thuan V. Tran, Huong T.-T. Tran, Khanh T. Vu, Cuong D. Do, Claudio Pelucchi, Carlo La Vecchia, Janice Zgibor, Paolo Boffetta, and Hung N. Luu. Gastric cancer: epidemiology, biology, and prevention: a mini-review. Journal of Cancer Prevention, 2019.
- Nguyen MT, Tran MT, Tran CD, Tran QH, Tuong TVT, Phung LN, Vu HX, Le LC, Boffetta P, Luu HN. The Association Between Birth Order and Childhood Brain Tumors: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. European Journal of Cancer Prevention, 2019.
- Luu HN, Boffetta P, Dabo B, Park JY, Mukhtar F, Tran CD, Tran TV, Tran HTT, Whitney M, Risch H, Le LC, Zheng W, Shu XO. Disparities by Race, Age, and Sex in the Improvement of Survival for Lymphoma: Findings from a Population-based Study. PLoS One, 2018.
- Do, T. H., Le, L. C., Burgess, J. A. & Bui, D. S. 2014. Determinants of condom use at sexual debut among young Vietnamese. Int J Adolesc Med Health, 1-8. DOI: 10.1515/ijamh-2013-0322
- Gibbs, S. E., Le, L.C., Dao, H. B. & Blum, R. W. 2014. Peer and community influences on the acceptance of premarital sex among Vietnamese adolescents. J Paediatr Child Health.
- Zwanikken, P., Alexander, L., Huong, N., Qian, X., Valladares, L., Mohamed, N., Ying, X., Gonzalez-Robledo, M., Linh, L., Wadidi, M. S. E., Tahir, H., Neupane, S. & Scherpbier, A (2014). Validation of public health competencies and impact variables for low- and middle-income countries. [10.1186/1471-2458-14-55]. BMC Public Health, 14(1), 55.
- Le, Linh C.; Blum, Robert W. Road traffic injury of young people in Vietnam: evidence from two rounds of national adolescent health surveys, 2004 – 2009. Global Health Action; Vol 6 (2013) incl Supplements, 2013.
- Le, Linh C.; Vu, Lan Hoang. Audio Computer-Assisted Self Interview Compared to Traditional Interview in an HIV-Related Behavioral Survey in Vietnam. MEDICC Review. Vol. 14 (4): October 2012.
- Robert W Blum, Francisco IPM Bastos, Caroline W Kabiru, Linh C Le. Adolescent health in the 21st century. The Lancet – 28 April 2012 (Vol. 379, Issue 9826, Pages 1567-1568) DOI: 10.1016/S0140-6736(12)60407-3.
- Lan, T H, Vu, Patrick Nadol; Le, Linh C. HIV related risk behaviors among the general population: a survey using Audi Computer Assisted Self Interview in 3 cities in Vietnam. Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health, 2012 Jun 28. DOI: 10.1177/1010539512450611.
- Le, Linh C.; Blum, Robert W. Changes and challenges on intentional injury in Vietnam: evidence from two national adolescent health surveys, 2004 and 2009. Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health, 2012 Jun 28. DOI:10.1177/1010539512448525.
- Le, Linh C.; Vu, Lan Hoang. Current Status and Trends with Education in Vietnam: Evidence from Three Population Censuses. Asian Journal of Education & Learning, 2012, 3(2), 41-51.
- Le, Linh C.; Blum, Robert W. Intentional Injury in Young People in Vietnam: Prevalence and Social Correlates. MEDICC Review. Vol. 13 (3): July 2011.
- George C. Patton; Russell M. Viner; Le Cu Linh; Shanthi Ameratunga; Adesegun O. Fatusi; Jane Ferguson; Vikram Patel. Mapping a Global Agenda for Adolescent Health. Journal of Adolescent Health Volume 47, Issue 5, Pages 427-432, November 2010.
- Le, Linh C.; Blum, Robert W. Premarital sex among youth in Vietnam. International Journal of Adolescent Medicine and Health. Vol. 21 (3): 299-312, 2009.
- Population and Development / Demographic studies
- Biostatistics and quantitative methods
- Health system research / Medical research methodology
- Adolescent health
- Applied epidemiology
- Research ethics
Selected awards and honors
- Special diploma of excellence with special recognition for the development of Vietnam, awarded by the Prime Minister of Vietnam – 2011.
- Special diploma for the significant contribution to the health sector of Vietnam, awarded by the Minister of Health of Vietnam – 2011.
- Young Researcher Scholarship Award: 37th APACPH Conference in Conjunction with 2005 Asia Pacific Health Forum (2005 APACPH & APHF), November 2005, Taiwan.
- MD, Hanoi Medical University, 1995 Computer Science, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, 1999
- MSc, Applied Development, Tulane University, US 2000
- PhD, Interdisciplinary Studies and Public Health, Tulane University, US, 2002