Dr. Kok-Seng Wong received his first degree in Computer Science (Software Engineering) from the University of Malaya, Malaysia, and an M.Sc. (Information Technology) degree from the Malaysia University of Science and Technology (in collaboration with MIT). He obtained his PhD degree from Soongsil University, South Korea. He had more than 15 years of teaching record (Computer Science subjects) at universities in Malaysia, South Korea, and Kazakhstan. His research interests lie in applied cryptography, secret sharing, information security, and data privacy.
Google Scholar ID: click here
ORCID: click here
- Privacy and Data Protection
- Privacy-Preserving Protocol Design
- Applied Cryptography
- Differential Privacy
- Secure Multi-Party Computation
- Ao Zhou, Shangguang Wang, Ching-Hsien Hsu, Myung Ho Kim, and Kok-Seng Wong, “Virtual Machine Placement with (m, n)-fault Tolerance in Cloud Data Center,” Cluster Computing, Vol. 22, No. 5, pp. 11619-11631, 2019. 09.
- Yee Jian Chew, Shih Yin Ooi, Kok-Seng Wong, Ying Han Pang, and Seoung Oun Hwang, “Evaluation of Black-Marker and Bilateral Classification with J48 Decision Tress in Anomaly based Intrusion Detection System“, Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems, Vol. 35, No. 6, pp. 5927-5937, 2018.12.
- Kok-Seng Wong and Myung Ho Kim, “Toward a Fair Indictment for Sealed-bid Auction with Self-Enforcing Privacy,” The Journal of Supercomputing, Vol. 74, No. 8, pp. 3801-3819, 2018. 08.
- Ao Zhou, Shangguang Wang, Robert Ching-Hsien Hsu, Myung Ho Kim, and Kok-Seng Wong, “Network Failure-aware Redundant Virtual Machine Placement in a Cloud Data Center,” Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, Vol. 29, No. 24, 2017. 12.
- Kok-Seng Wong and Myung Ho Kim, “Privacy Protection for Data-Driven Smart Manufacturing System,” International Journal of Web Services Research, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 17-32, 2017. 06.
- Kok-Seng Wong and Myung Ho Kim, “An Enhanced User Authentication Solution for Mobile Payment Systems using Wearables,” Security and Communication Networks, Vol. 9, Issue 17, pp. 4639-4649, 2016. 11.
- Kok-Seng Wong and Myung Ho Kim, “Towards a Respondent-Preferred k_i Anonymity Model,” Frontiers of Information Technology & Electronic Engineering, Vol. 16, No. 9, pp. 720-731, 2015. 09.
- Kok-Seng Wong and Myung Ho Kim, “On Private Hamming Distance Computation,” The Journal of Supercomputing, Vol. 69, No. 3, pp. 1123-1138, 2014. 09.
- Kok-Seng Wong and Myung Ho Kim, “Privacy-Preserving Data Collection with Self-Awareness Protection,” in Frontier and Innovation in Future Computing and Communications. Vol. 301, J. J. Park, et al., Eds., ed: Springer Netherlands, 2014, pp. 365-371
- Kok-Seng Wong and Myung Ho Kim, “Privacy-Preserving Similarity Coefficients for Binary Data,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, Vol. 65, No. 9, pp. 1280-1290, 2013. 5.
- Introduction to Programming
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Probability and Statistics
- Information Security
SELECTED AWARDS AND HONORS
- Visiting scholar at State Key Laboratory of Networking and Switching Technology, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (2015, 2016, and 2018).
- Best Portfolio (CQI) Award, Soongsil University (2014 and 2016).
- Visiting professor at CRISES Research Group at the University of Rovira i Virgil (2012).
- Best Teaching Award, Soongsil University (2009).
- Letter of Merit (Teaching Evaluation), Multimedia University (2004 – 2008).