Professor Do Tat Cuong graduated from Hanoi Medical University in 1973. He got his PhD and MD in 1996; Associate Professor in 2002; Medical Professor in 2010. Professor Cuong is a specialist in Resuscitation & Emergency. He is also one of the first experts in kidney and organ transplantation in Vietnam in 1992.
Throughout his career, he has been in charge of a number of important positions such as Vice Director of 103 Military Hospital from 2001 to 2011; Director of Vinmec International Hospital from 2011-2013. At present, he is in charge of:
- Vice President of Vietnam National Association of Emergency, Intensive Care Medicine and Clinical Toxicology;
- Regular Member of Vietnam Society of Organ Transplantation;
- Vice President of Vietnam Association for donation of humans tissues and organs;
- Deputy General Director of Vinmec Healthcare System;
- Vice President of Vinmec Clinical Advisory Council.
He has published nearly 100 studies on the international and domestic journals. He is also the author and co-author of medical textbooks. He has research work that are applied in medical examination and treatment (using TC-08 equipment to make emergency tracheostomy). He participated and reported at 30 International Science Conferences and being the chairman of 20 state and ministerial-level projects. Besides, Prof. Cuong has over 30 years of university teaching and post graduate teaching.
By his dedicated and delightful contributions to the medical practices and research, he has been honored many prestige awards conferred by the Vietnam government like Ho Chi Minh Award in Organ Transplantation; State Award; People’s Physician; Merit of the Ministry of Health; Merit from the Prime Minister of Vietnam; The Exclusive Patent on the Emergency Tracheostomy Percutaneous set.