Nguyen, Thi Minh Nguyet is a PhD candidate of history and researcher of Southeast Asian history at the College of Social Sciences and Humanities, Vietnam National University, Hanoi. She received her Advanced Master (2014) and started her PhD dissertation (2015) from Hanoi National University, Vietnam. She is currently a lecturer at Faculty History – VNU. Her major research interests include Early-modern Asian-European interactions; Early-modern globalization and the Philippines integration; and Southeast Asian Urban History.
Research and Teaching Interest
- Colonial Cities in the Southeast Asia from 16th to 19th centuries
- Urban history of Philippines
- History of Southeast Asia during early modern period
- “Manila and the New World Silver Flow from Seventeenth to Eighteenth Centuries” (co-author, in Vietnamese), Journal of Southeast Asia Studies, Hanoi, Vol. 7 (148), July 2012, pp. 10 – 18.
- “The Manila Silver Flow and China’s Economic Transformation, 16th – 17th Centuries”, co-author, in Vietnamese), Journal of Historical Studies, Hanoi, Vol. 7 (172), pp. 36-44.
- “Impact of Manila Silver Flow (Philippines) to Chinese Socio – Economic Transformation from XVIth to XVIIth Centuries”, Proceeding of Young Researchers in Vietnam, Vietnam National University Press, Hanoi, 2014, pp.351-370.
- “The Spanish Policy Changes in Silver Trade between Manila (Philippines) and Southern China, 1571-1640s”, Singapore: The 9Th Singapore Graduate Forum on Southeast Asian Studies, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore, Singapore (6/2014).
- “From Boat to Motorbike : Hanoi and its Traffic Problem since the 19th Century”, DAAD International Conference: Integrated Modeling of urban Dynamics and Transport for Ha Noi (HN Future 2014), University of Transport, Hanoi (9/2014).
- “The Influence of Spanish Policies to Chinese Communities inside Manila City (Philippines) 1571-1640s”, Young Historians Forum, Faculty of History, College of Social Sciences and Humanities, Vietnam National University, Hanoi (3/2015).
- “The Birth of Spanish Colonial Cities in the Southeast Asia in the 16th Century from Cebu to Manila”, Celebrating 20 years of Seasrep and Southeast Asian Studies, Indonesia (4-5/2015).
- “The Birth of Spanish Colonial Cities in Southeast Asia since the 16th Century: the Case of Manila”, Asia – European Cities: A Comparative Study Conference, History Faculty – Vietnam National University, Vietnam (21-22/11/2016).
- “The model of Spanish Colonial Cities in Southeast Asia before 16th Century: Study on Manila, Philippines”, Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities, USSH, no.8/2017
- “History of urban studies in Vietnam during the French colonial: Base on the sources BAVH – Bulletin des Amis du Vieux Huế”, Journal of Vietnam History, no.9/2019