Minh Do is currently on leave from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) serving as the Vice Provost of VinUniversity. Since 2002, he has been on the faculty at UIUC, where he is currently the Thomas and Margaret Huang Endowed Professor in Signal Processing & Data Science in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, and holds affiliate appointments with the Coordinated Science Laboratory, the Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology, the Department of Bioengineering, and the Department of Computer Science.
Google Scholar ID: click here
ORCID: click here
Signal Processing, Computational Imaging, Machine Perception, and Data Science.
- 1. M. N. Do and M. Vetterli, “Contourlets,” Beyond Wavelets, G. V. Welland ed., Academic Press, New York, 2003.
- 1. M. N. Do and Y. M. Lu, “Multidimensional ﬁlter banks and multiscale geometric representations,” Foundations and Trends in Signal Processing, vol. 5, issue. 3, pp. 157-264, 2012.
- B. Chidester, T. Zhou, M. N. Do, and J. Ma, “Rotation equivariant and invariant neural networks for microscopy image analysis,” Bioinformatics, vol. 35 (14), pp. 530-537, 2019.
- T. N. Nguyen, M. N. Do and M. L. Oelze, “Visualization of the intensity field of a focused ultrasound (FUS) source in situ,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 2018.
- R. S. Pahwa, J. Lu, N. Jiang, T. T. Ng, and M. N. Do, “Locating 3D object proposals: A depth-based online approach,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, pp. 626-639, 28(3), Mar. 2018.
- S. Liu and M. N. Do, “Inverse rendering and relighting from multiple color plus depth images,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, pp. 4951-4961, 26(10), Oct. 2017.
- J. Lu, Y. Li, H. Yang, D. Min, W. Eng, and M. N. Do, “PatchMatch Filter: Edge-aware filtering meets randomized search for visual correspondence,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, pp. 1866-1879, Oct. 2016.
- H. Q. Nguyen and M. N. Do, “Inverse rendering of Lambertian surfaces using subspace methods,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, pp. 5545-5558, Dec. 2014.
- M. N. Do, Q. H. Nguyen, H. T. Nguyen, D. Kubacki, and Sanjay J. Patel, “Immersive visual communication with depth cameras and parallel computing,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 28, pp. 58-66, Jan. 2011.
- K. L. Law, R. M. Fossum, and M. N. Do, “Generic invertibility of multidimensional FIR filter banks and MIMO systems,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 57, no. 11, pp. 4282-4291, Nov. 2009.
- Y. M. Lu and M. N. Do, “Sampling signals from a union of subspaces,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 25, pp. 41-47, Mar. 2008.
- M. N. Do and M. Vetterli, “The contourlet transform: an efficient directional multiresolution image representation,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 2091-2106, Dec. 2005.
For the full list of publications please visit: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=RIeAomMAAAAJ&hl=en
Selected awards and honors
- Teachers Ranked as Excellent, UIUC (Spring 2006; Fall 2014; Spring 2018; Spring 2020).
- Fellow of the IEEE (2014).
- Young Author Best Paper Award, IEEE Signal Processing Society (2008).
- CAREER Award from the National Science Foundation (2003).
- Best Doctoral Thesis Award from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (2001).
- University Medal from the University of Canberra, Australia (1997).
- Silver Medal in the 32nd International Mathematical Olympiad, Sweden (1991).
- 1998 – 2001 Doctor of Science in Communication Systems, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland.
- 1994 – 1997 Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering (First Class Honors), University of Canberra, Australia.