Vu Duong is Professor of School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering and Director of Air Traffic Management Research Institute of Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Prior to this assignment, he had been Director and Chair Professor of Systems Science at John von Neumann Institute of Viet Nam National University Ho Chi Minh City. Vu had been Head of Innovative Research then Senior Scientific Advisor at EUROCONTROL (1995-2012), and a member of European Commission’s SESAR JU Scientific Committee (2010 – 2012); Research Scientist at Schlumberger Lab for Computer Science (1990-1995).
- Air Traffic Management
- Artificial Intelligence
- Complex Systems Modelling
- Data Analytics.
- PN Tran, DT Pham, SK Goh, S Alam, V Duong (2020), An Interactive Conflict Solver for Learning Air Traffic Conflict Resolutions, Journal of Aerospace Information Systems 17 (6), 271-277
- Y Wang, Y Cao, C Zhu, F Wu, M Hu, V Duong, M Watkins, B Barzel (2020), Universal Patterns in Passenger Flight Departure Delays, Nature – Scientific Reports 10 (1), 1-10
- PW Yao, YJ Wang, CP Zhu, F Wu, MH Hu, HJ Yang, V Duong (2019), A Universal State Equation of Particle Gases for Passenger Flights in United States, Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, V. 545 – 123748
- C Ma, Q Cai, S Alam, B Sridhar, V Duong (2019), Airway Network Management Using Braess’s Paradox, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies 105, 565-579
- Y Wang, Q Zhang, C Zhu, M Hu, V Duong (2016), Human Activity Under High Pressure: A Case Study On Fluctuation, Scaling Of Air Traffic Controller’s Communication Behaviors, Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications 441, 151-157
- Y Wang, F Vormer, M Hu, V Duong (2013), Empirical Analysis Of Air Traffic Controller Dynamics, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies 33, 203-213
- A Nilim, L El Ghaoui, V Duong, M Hansen (2001), Trajectory-Based Air Traffic Management (TB-ATM) Under Weather Uncertainty, Proc. of the Fourth International Air Traffic Management R&D Seminar ATM
- V Duong, G Gawinowski, JP Nicolaon, D Smith (2001), Sector-less Air Traffic Management, Proc. of the Fourth International Air Traffic Management R&D Seminar ATM
- PhD, 1990, Artificial Intelligence, Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées, France
- ME, 1986, Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées, France
Adapted from NTU Academic Profile.