Nguyen Ngoc Khanh MD, MSc has more than 20 years’ experience in gastroenterological, hepatic and biliary laparotomy. He performs the intensive surgeries of gastrointestinal tract, hepato-biliary-pancreases, rectum and anus, including robotic, regular or single-port laparoscopic surgery, as well as laparotomy. He is one of 3 Vietnamese surgeons registered in world’s robotic surgeon list on davincisurgery.com
He is the former Deputy Head of General Surgery Department – Saint Paul Hospital – Hanoi. Currently, he is Head of Gastroenterological – Urological – Robotic and Pediatric Surgery Unit, Vinmec Times City International Hospital.
- Pediatric colorectal endoscopic polypectomy with soft flexible tube – Residency program graduation thesis
- Application of single incision laparoscopic surgery by straight instruments – Article – Presented at Hanoi surgical conference in 2013.
- Superior Lumbar Triangle hernia (Grynfeltt-Lesshaft hernia) – a very rare type – Article – Presented at Hanoi surgical conference in 2013.
- Gastrointestinal hemorrhage due to Dieulafoy lesions in jejunum – Article – Journal of Internal Medicine.
- Spleen twisting in one case – Article – Journal of Pediatrics in 2010.
SELECTED AWARDS AND HONORS
- Participated in Asian Endosurgery Task Force 2011, 2016.
- Participated in 2nd Asian Congress of Robotic Surgery 2016
- Participated in 3rd Asian Congress of Robotic Surgery 2018
- 1996: Graduated from Hanoi University of Medicine
- 2000: Competed residency program in Surgery, then intensive training in basic and advance laparoscopic surgery at Vietnam – Germany Hospital, Hanoi and Cho Ray Hospital, HCMC
- 2005 – 2011: SILS-Single-incision laparoscopic surgery in Shanghai
- 2016 – 2017: Robotic endoscopic surgery of colon and rectum at Saint Mary and Severance University Hospital, Seoul, Korea