Kyunghwa Chung is an Assistant Professor of Marketing in the College of Business and Management. She earned her PhD in Fashion Merchandising from Seoul National University. Her research focuses on retailing with interests in the omnichannel consumer experience and retail technology in the retail service context. She enjoys interdisciplinary research and collaboration with other scholars in diverse fields. Her research published in various peer-reviewed journals including Journal of Consumer Studies, Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, and Korean System Dynamics Review. Prior to joining VinUniversity, she taught at several universities in Korea. She is a sports lover who enjoys swimming and golf.
Google Scholar ID: click here
ORCID: click here
- Omnichannel Retailing
- Service Technology
- Service Experience
- Changhee Kim and Kyunghwa Chung. Measuring customer satisfaction and hotel efficiency analysis: an approach based on data envelopment analysis. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly (forthcoming).
- Jeong-Seon Sang, Kyunghwa Chung, Juhyun Park, and Kyung Wha Oh, 2017. Thermo-sensitive clothing development by consumer investigation and wearing test. Fashion & Textiles Research Journal, 19 (1), 90-100.
- Kyunghwa Chung and Yuri Lee, 2016. Korean fashion companies’ strategic CSR implementation with a focus on incorporation of consumers’ CSR expectations. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 40 (1), 26-40.
- Kyunghwa Chung and Yuri Lee, 2015. Dynamic causal relationship between CSR activities of fashion companies and consumption of environmentally friendly fashion products through system thinking. Korean System Dynamics Review, 16 (4), 101-126.
- Kyunghwa Chung, Chorong Youn, and Yuri Lee, 2014. The influence of luxury brands’ cross-border acquisition on consumer brand perception. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 32 (4), 219-234.
- Kyunghwa Chung and Yuri Lee, 2014. Effects of an initial purchase on subsequent purchase in sequential buying. Journal of Consumer Studies, 25 (1), 223-245.
- Chorong Youn, Kyunghwa Chung and Yuri Lee, 2009. The effects of mothers’ parental attitudes on children’s clothing benefits with moderating effects of clothing involvements. Family and Environment Research, 47 (3), 11-22.
- PhD (2015), Dept. of Textiles, Merchandising, and Fashion Design, Seoul National University
- MS (2011), Dept. of Textiles, Merchandising, and Fashion Design, Seoul National University
- BS (2005), Dept. of Textiles, Merchandising, and Fashion Design, Seoul National University
SELECTED AWARDS AND HONORS
- Young Researcher Grant (Principal Investigator), “A study on retail firms’ omni-channel management using system dynamics”, #2017S1A5A8022718, National Research Foundation of Korea, South Korea, 2017-2019, USD 34,000.
- Best Research Grant (Principal Investigator), “The influence of luxury brands’ cross-border acquisition on consumer brand perception”, #2015S1A5A2A02049670, National Research Foundation of Korea, South Korea, 2015-2016, USD 4,600.