THE THIRD-YEAR VINUNIAN, VO MINH QUAN & HIS JOURNEY TO UPENN
In October 2020, Vo Minh Quan, a student specializing in Physics at Luong The Vinh High School, Dong Nai, was awarded a 100% scholarship worth VND 3.3 billion by VinUni to study Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, VinUni. Quan made a strong impression on VinUni because he exuded a strong passion for mechanics as well as a confident, decisive thinking style rarely seen in a young person who just turned 18 years old. At that time, Quan shared, “I chose VinUni because all success must start from the starting line. Whatever the world can do, the Vietnamese can do.”
In February 2023, just a third-year student, through the integrated Bachelor-Master degree program at VinUni, Quan received a letter of matriculation for a Master of Engineering from the University of Pennsylvania, USA (UPenn). UPenn is a prestigious university belonging to Ivy League, ranked #13 worldwide (QS 2022) and acceptance rate is always below 9%. Quan will be joining UPenn in autumn 2023. After 2 more years, Quan will obtain Bachelor’s Degree of Mechanical Engineering from VinUni and Master of Materials Science and Engineering from UPenn.
Quan also has a great chance to receive Full scholarship according to Vingroup 1.100 scholarships, including full tuition fee, living costs and travel expenses when in UPenn.
Wishing Quan to receive good news about this scholarship soon, and holding in his hand the ticket to achieve academics, achieve UPenn.
Until now, universities that VinUni has signed cooperation agreements to implement Integrated programs include:
– University of Pennsylvania (#13, QS World University Rankings 2022)
– University of California San Diego (#34, Times Higher Education 2022)
– University of Sydney Technology (#11 of young universities worldwide, QS World University Rankings 2022)
– Queensland University (#47, QS World University Rankings 2022)
– Cornell University (#20, QS World University Rankings 2023)
– University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign (#4 in postgraduate in Computer Science and #3 in Environmental Technology, US News 2022)