Chung TK Nguyen earned her Doctor of Laws from Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Brisbane, Australia. Her thesis examined the barriers to Vietnamese women when seeking to enforce their land inheritance rights. She completed her Master of Laws at the Vietnam National University in 2005. Dr Chung has taught Constitutional Law, Research Methodology, Introduction to Law at the National Academy of Public Administration in Hanoi, Vietnam for more than 10 years. She specializes in human rights, women’s rights, the politics of Pacific Asia, public administration reform, and law reform.
- Constitutional Law
- Women’s Rights
- Public Service Ethics
- Public Administration Reform
- Constitutional Law
- Comparative Constitutional Law
- Research Methodology
- Legal Draft Skills
- Politics of Pacific Asia
- Nguyen, Chung, ‘Completing the legislation on autonomy and self-responsibility of local governments in the field of budget and finance’, (2020), State of Management Magazine.
- Nguyen, Chung, ‘Improving policies and laws to promote e-government, State of Management Magazine’ (2019) State and Management Magazine.
- Nguyen, Chung, Nguyen, Hong, ‘Amendment of the Constitution of the organization and operation of the National Assembly – seen from the interpellation of the National Assembly’ (2012) Vietnamese Journal of Legislative Studies.
- Vu, Giao, Nguyen, Chung, et al, Constitution selection of some countries (Hong Duc Publishing House, 2012).
- Vu, Giao, Nguyen, Chung, et al, Gender equality and women’s rights (Information Culture Publishing House, 2009).
- Koh, David, Dang, Dam, & Nguyen, Chung, ‘Government Organization Structure and Excellent Public Services: The case of Viet Nam and some recommendations for change’ in Jairo Acuna-Alfaro (ed), Reforming Public Administration in Vietnam. Current Situation and Recommendations (The National Political Publishing House, 2009).
SELECTED AWARDS AND HONOURS
- Vietnamese Government Doctoral Award, 2013.
- Queensland University of Technology, School of Justice, Postgraduate Scholarship in Southern Criminology, 2017.
- National University of Singapore, Asia Research of Institute, Singapore Graduate Forum on Southeast Asian Studies Workshop Scholarship, 2017.
- Harvard Law School, Institute for Global Law and Policy, Asian Regional Workshop Scholarship, 2016.
- Fulbright Vietnamese Scholar Program Award, 2010.