External Activities and Outside Income for VinUniversity Faculty and Staff Policy
The purpose of this policy is to:
- Outline the requirements to identify, avoid and manage real or apparent conflicts of interest when faculty and staff engage in outside paid activities such as consulting, appointments, entrepreneurial ventures, teaching, etc.
- Guide the allocation and distribution of external income for faculty and staff from university supported activities such as externally funded research, additional responsibilities, and Executive Education.
This policy applies to all full-time faculty and staff employees of VinUniversity. Any exceptions to this general scope of this policy will be clearly identified.
- Executive Education by VinUni faculty and staff
- Disclosure of, and Prior Approval for Outside Paid Engagements
- Appropriate time commitment for outside activities
- Importance of charging researcher effort to externally funded grants
- Equitable distribution of effort charged to outside grants
- Appropriate and allowable uses of the research reserve
- Disclosure and responsible management of real or apparent conflicts of interest
- Responsible use of university resources
- University ownership of Intellectual Property
- Research Reserve Funds are University Funds