[Job Opportunity] Research Assistants at CEI
VINUNIVERSITY – CENTER FOR ENVIRONMENTAL INTELLIGENCE
VinUniversity established the Center for Environmental Intelligence (CEI) in October 2023. It operates in the fields of Artificial Intelligence, environmental and sustainability sciences, with a primary focus on addressing climate change and discovering new materials. CEI serves as a hub for intellectual and resource collaboration, both domestically and internationally, in the effort to address the challenges of the environment and climate change. CEI will focus its resources into research and aiding projects in three main themes:
Environmental Monitoring: This involves the application of Artificial Intelligence and machine learning to measure, monitor, and evaluate environmental indices. It includes the development of smart applications that can automatically warn users about approaching natural disasters and irregularities in environmental conditions, as well as the monitoring of carbon emissions using remote sensing data.
Living Lab: CEI utilizes modeling and simulation technology along with virtual reality technology to create a digital platform that serves as a Digital Twin of real-world systems. Researchers can use this platform to explore and experiment with creative solutions in various settings. By leveraging mathematical optimization, automation, and the IoT, CEI aims to simulate prototypes with the goal of building smart and sustainable cities of the future.
Advanced Materials and Devices for Sustainability: This area involves the use of Artificial Intelligence technology and a robot automation system to simulate and manage the process of designing new materials. The goal is to adjust procedures to expedite the discovery of innovative materials and reduce production costs. CEI conducts research on the development of advanced materials and devices in energy conversion and storage, with a focus on contributing to an environmentally friendly and energy-efficient future.
CEI is seeking motivated and Research Assistants to join CEI. Selected candidates will work under the guidance of PI/Co-PIs and Research Fellows at CEI. Depending on each project, you will:
– Literature Review: Assist in literature reviews to identify relevant publications and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field.
– Data Collection: Conduct data collection activities, which may include surveys, experiments, and observations, while ensuring the accuracy and quality of collected data. Develop data-driven approaches that could offer potential solutions in environmental and climate change adaptation as well as new materials design and synthesis.
– Data Analysis: Perform data analysis using relevant software tools and methodologies, generate reports, and present findings to the research team.
– Design and develop new methods for environment monitoring data acquisition.
– Laboratory Work: Participate in laboratory experiments, computer simulations, or fieldwork, including setting up experiments, utilizing computational software, operating equipment, and adhering to safety protocols.
– Documentation: Maintain organized records of research procedures, data, and results, and contribute to the preparation of research reports, and manuscripts for publications.
– Collaboration: Collaborate with other research team members, including faculty, researchers, and graduate students, to achieve project objectives.
– Administrative Tasks: Assist in various administrative tasks such as scheduling research group meetings, managing research supplies, and ensuring a well-organized research environment.
– Ethical Compliance: Ensure adherence to ethical guidelines, safety regulations, and research protocols.
– Work in a multi-disciplinary team with a commitment to improve the human condition and positively impact the world.
– Develop strong applications and prepare for PhD programs at VinUni and VinUni’s partner universities.
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical & Environmental Engineering, Nanotechnology, or related engineering fields.
– 2+ years of experience in data analysis and research methodology, including the ability to conduct a detailed literature search.
– Fluent in English with excellent reading and writing skills.
– Ability to communicate your research and findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
– Experience working in environmental monitoring, living-lab, and energy conversion and storage applications.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application to email@example.com that contains:
– A cover letter that includes a personal statement for research and PhD study (if any).
– A CV that includes any publications/awards and the contact details of 2 referees.
– A copy of electronic academic transcripts.
Application Deadline: Open until the position is filled.
The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience: 500 to 1,000 USD per month (gross).
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.