Nhu Dinh Ngoc Anh (Andy NHU) is a globally award-winning English (IELTS) Teacher, Fulbright YSEALI Fellow, EdTech researcher with an MA in TESOL (High Distinction) at Monash University Australia, under AAS – Australian Government Scholarship award. He has over 12 years of experience teaching IELTS, Academic English and ESP for tech and language students at leading institutions in Vietnam and Australia.
A Libra that is obsessed with balance and symmetry, and a 3rd-generation lecturer at heart, Andy comes from a lineage of educators both from his mother’s side and his father’s side.
Andy’s career lies at the intersection of Media, Education and Technology. He was the Co-founder, Scriptwriter and Academic Advisor of 8IELTS VTV show, one of the most popular educational shows on Vietnam’s national television.
A 2-time TedX Speaker and a regular Keynote Speaker at national and international conventions, Andy is the First Prize winner of many EdTech and start-up contests and has become the Featured Alumnus by Monash Education Australia and the Featured teacher in the printed Vietnamese Ministry of Education and Training Magazine.
- EdTech in TESOL, Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning (IBM Watson, OpenAI GPT-3… with ChatGPT Beta access/research scholarship in 2021)
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Curriculum Mapping & Knowledge map
- Formative assessment using automation & Big Data
- Blockchain & NFTs
- Crowdsourcing & Bi-directional linking, Second brain
- UnReal Engine & Metahuman
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
- English for Specific Purposes (ESP)
- Blended learning and flipped classroom
- 2018 MA in TESOL (High Distinction) at Monash University (Australia) under AAS (Australian Government Scholarship award)
SELECTED AWARDS AND HONORS
- 2-time TedX Speaker
- 2023 Fulbright YSEALI Fellow at the Technology & Innovation Seminar on Creative AI and Cultural Influence, YSEALI Academy at Fulbright University Vietnam
- 2021-2024 Featured Alum/Spotlight life story at the Monash Education Scholarship Awards Ceremony and speaker at the Master of TESOL Information Day for student intake Academic Year 2024
- 2021 Featured Alumnus on Monash Education social media (Facebook, Youtube, LinkedIn, Instagram) and in “2022 Monash Graduate Course Guide” (printed version)
- 2020 Mentor for the First Prize Winning team on Artificial Intelligence ($5000 winning) at GAKKEN Start-up competition by Japan’s GAKKEN EdTech Corporation
- 2018 Featured teacher on the printed Vietnamese Ministry of Education and Training’s Special Magazine Edition celebrating Vietnamese Teachers’ Day
- 2018 Global First Prize IELTS Teacher @ IATEFL United Kingdom 2018 awarded by IELTS.org, Cambridge University, British Council…
- 2017 First-prize Winner of #InnovationForGood Award Start-up contest by Vietnam Internet Forum, British Embassy and the Embassy of Sweden
- Co-founder, Scriptwriter, Academic Advisor of 8IELTS VTV7 show
- 2015 Vietnam Goodwill Ambassador of SSEAYP 42, onboard Nippon Maru Cruise Ship, touring Japan and 10 ASEAN countries.
- 2015 AAS Australia Awards – Australian Government Scholarship Holder