Program Learning Objectives
1. “Being Entrepreneurially-minded business professionals”
Graduates will have an understanding of ethical action, integrity, responsibility, and the obligations of being entrepreneurially-minded business professionals.
- Have an awareness of ethical principles and practices of entrepreneurially-minded business professionals.
- Identify issues of integrity and appropriate courses of action in a business setting.
- Have an understanding of the role and responsibilities of being an entrepreneurially-minded business professional.
Graduates will have the independence of mind in decision making and opinion forming, while working either individually or within a team.
- Have an understanding of the importance of individual opinion as a business professional.
- Be capable of leading and participating in teams to achieve tangible outcomes.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills.
Graduates will have knowledge of the broader business environment, specific business specialties, and an applied understanding of their integration in business generally.
- Exhibit a detailed understanding of core business knowledge.
- Exhibit a detailed understanding of business specialty knowledge.
- Be capable of modeling the soft skills required in business.
4. “Critical thinking”
Graduates will be capable of identifying, analyzing, and evaluating business data from diverse sources in decision making.
- Be capable of applying evidence-based reasoning.
- Apply interdisciplinary knowledge appropriately in a business context.
- Have an understanding of the roles of fact, supposition, and assumption in the decision-making process.
5. “Pride in Vietnam”
Graduates will have an understanding of the role of Vietnamese history and culture in the evolution of the Vietnamese business environment.
- Have a broad understanding of the structure of the Vietnamese business environment.
- Have an awareness of how Vietnamese history and culture impact the Vietnamese business environment.
- Exhibit an understanding of the relationship between Vietnamese political structures and the structure and operation of Vietnamese businesses.
6. “Global awareness”
Graduates will have a broad understanding of the Vietnamese economy and its relationship to all economies in the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) region including the US, China, Japan, and ASEAN.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the key characteristics of APEC economies.
- Have an understanding of the interaction of the Vietnamese economy and all APEC economies.
- Exhibit an awareness of the differences between the structure of the Vietnamese economy and the structures of APEC economies.