- Share the progress of the Seed Grants awarded in Feb 2021
- Celebrate successes, understand challenges
- Encourage faculty to share research openly with colleagues and students
- Build a culture of research activity
- Explore opportunities for collaboration
- Inspire and encourage student researchers
Time: 9:00am – 12:30pm, Saturday, February 26, 2022.
Message from Professor Laurent El Ghaoui – Chair of the Research Affairs Committee and Dean of the College of Engineering & Computer Science, VinUniversity
The highlight video
Purpose of the VinUniversity Seed Funding Program
To accelerate groundbreaking research at VinUni towards achieving the objectives of Meaningful Impact for the Greater Good, Building Talent and Infrastructure for the Future, and Enhancing the Reputation of VinUniversity and VinGroup, a Seed Grant Program for VinUniversity researchers has been approved. With the Seed Grant Program, VinUni will seek to become a hub of collaborative ground breaking research, forging vital connections among researchers, students, staff, and external partners and bringing bold ideas and powerful innovations that make a real positive impact on people, quality of life and the planet.
Goals and Objectives
The Seed Grant Program will support VinUni research in meeting the following overarching objectives. Accordingly, the decision to award funding for a proposal will be guided by the extent to which submitted proposals meets these considerations.
- Initiate research with results that could lead to larger-scale, longer-term programs that are funded externally by local, national or international organizations
- Conduct research that has near term measurable positive impact and addresses urgent issues, so as to build the reputation and name recognition of VinUni by accomplishing some quick but notable wins.
- Build research capability and self-sufficiency by acquiring equipment, databases, and other resources needed to pursue ground-breaking research.
- Build collaborations with international and national peer institutions to extend the infrastructure for conducting and supporting research available to VinUni faculty, as well as gain exposure to research practices at these institutions.
- Provide opportunities to build and enhance research skills and expertise of VinUni researchers and students, to grow the next generation of future talent and academic leaders.
- Partner with companies in the VinGroup eco-system to conduct research with real-world applications and with direct benefit to VinGroup.
- Build new and lasting interdisciplinary research collaborations across VinUni, VinGroup and other collaborators and partners.
Projects funded in the Dec 2020 cycle:
For more details about the program, click here: Program Documents (requires VinUni login)