Le Vu Quan is a Founding Faculty member at VinUniversity. He is an Associate Professor of Economics and the Director of the Business Administration Program in the College of Business and Management. Prior to joining VinUniversity, he was an Eva Albers Professor of Economics and Director of the International Business Program at Seattle University. He has been published in a number of academic journals including the Journal of International Money and Finance, International Review of Financial Analysis, International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behaviour & Research, Journal of International Development, Public Health, and World Development Perspectives. Dr. Quan was awarded the Fulbright Scholarship in 2005-2006 at the Ha Noi School of Business, Viet Nam National University, and in 2015-2016 at the Fulbright Economics Teaching Program, University of Economics in Ho Chi Minh City. Dr. Quan teaches primarily in the areas of international economics, macroeconomics, and economic development. When not working, he enjoys hiking, trekking, and volunteering at local parks on environmental restoration projects. He is also a gardener and enjoys working on small projects around the house. An avid reader of books on Vietnamese history and culture, he enjoys visiting cultural and heritage sites around the world.
- Sustainable development
- Climate change
- International economics
- Coffee value chain
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=tSZxQaMAAAAJ&hl=en
- Teaching Business Skills to Women: Impact of Business Training on Women’s Microenterprise Owners in Vietnam, International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behaviour & Research, 21(4): 622-641, 2015, with Peter Raven, Seattle University.
- The Impact of an Integrated Microcredit Program on the Empowerment of Women and Gender Equality in Rural Vietnam, Journal of Developing Areas, 49(1): 23-38, 2015, with Katherine Dineen, Seattle University.
- Foreign Direct Investment and Institutional Quality: Some Empirical Evidence, International Review of Financial Analysis, 21: 81-89, 2012, with Meenakshi Rishi and Bonnie Buchanan, Seattle University.
- User Fees and Health Service Utilization in Vietnam: How to Protect the Poor? Public Health, 122(10): 1068-1078, 2008, with Huyen T. Dao, Center for Community Health Strategy, Hanoi, and Hugh Waters, Johns Hopkins University.
- Political Risk and Capital Flight, Journal of International Money and Finance, 25: 308-329, 2006, with Paul J. Zak, Claremont Graduate University.
- Political and Economic Determinants of Private Investment, Journal of International Development 16: 589-604, 2004.
- Undergraduate: Principles Microeconomics, Principles Macroeconomics, Intermediate Microeconomics, Intermediate Macroeconomics, Managerial Economics, Economic Statistics, International Finance, International Trade, International Economics, Growth Theory, Economic Development
- Graduate: International Economics, International Trade, International Business, Macroeconomics
- Experiential learning: Hong Kong, China, Thailand, Cambodia, Nicaragua, Vietnam
SELECTED AWARDS AND HONORS
- Fulbright Scholar, Hanoi School of Business, Vietnam National University, 2005-2006
- Fulbright Scholar, Fulbright Economics Teaching Program, University of Economics, Ho Chi Minh City, 2015-2016
- Fulbright Specialist, Da Lat University, 2017
- Global Entrepreneurship Summit, U.S. State Department, 2017
- Albers School of Business and Economics Faculty-Student Research Collaboration Award, 2018
- AsiaNetwork-Freeman Foundation Student-Faculty Fellows Program, 2018-2019
- PhD, Economics, Claremont Graduate University, USA
- MA, Economics, University of San Francisco, USA
- BS, Political Economy of Natural Resources, University of California, Berkeley, USA