Jason Nguyen is an Assistant Professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management and a Founding Faculty member at VinUniversity. Prior to joining VinUniversity, he served as a faculty in the School of Information and Technology Management, UNSW Business School, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia. Jason’s research aspiration is to contribute to the movement toward a sustainable global economy through rigorous interdisciplinary academic research that is informed by policies and business practices. He has published at prestigious journals including Management Science, Manufacturing and Service Operations Managements (both are in the Financial Times 50 list) and Environmental and Resource Economics.
- Sustainable Supply Chain
- Agricultural Operations
- Behavioral Operations
- Nguyen, J., K. Donohue, M. Mehrotra. 2019. “Closing a Supplier’s Energy Efficiency Gap Through Assessment Assistance and Procurement Commitment” – Management Science 65(1): 122-138.
- Coggins J., A. Goodkind, J. Nguyen, Z. Wang, 2019, “Price Effects, Inefficient Environmental Policy, and Windfall Profits” – Environmental and Resource Economics 72(3): 637-656.
Boyabatlı, O., J. Nguyen, T. Wang. 2017. “Capacity Management in Agricultural Commodity Processing and Application in the Palm Industry,” – Manufacturing & Service Operations Management 19(4): 551 – 567.
- Lead article
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Business Analytics
SELECTED AWARDS AND HONORS
- Finalist for Junior Scholar Best Paper Award – College of Behavioral Operations Management, POMS 2020 – “Impact of External Assistance Programs on Supply Chain Energy Efficiency: A Behavioral Investigation”
- PhD (Supply Chain and Operations) University of Minnesota, Carlson, 2018
- MS (Operations Management) Singapore Management University, 2011
- BEng (Computer Engineering) Nanyang Technological University, 2005