Dr. Duong Thi Bich Thuan graduated with Honors from Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy in 2009 as a Medical Doctor. Concurrent with beginning her career as a Lecturer at her Alma Mater, she completed a Masters program (2011) specializing in Functional Medicine. In 2016, she obtained her PhD in Biochemistry, Physiology, and Molecular Biology at the PhD School in Biomolecular and Biotechnological Sciences, University of Sassari, Italy. Dr. Thuan’s teaching and research specialization is clinical biochemistry and molecular biology.
Prior to joining the faculty of VinUni, Dr. Thuan established her academic profile through 12 years of award-winning teaching experience. In recognition for her achievements, she was promoted to Vice Head of the Department of Biochemistry (’15) and the Department of Laboratory (’21), Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy and its laison hospital, respectively.
Although teaching has always been her priority, achievement in Scientific Research has been a critical component to her continued growth in Academia. Dr. Thuan has had multiple scientific research papers published in esteemed international journals and is eagerly anticipating valuable collaborations with her new colleagues.
Google Scholar ID : click
- Oxidative stress
- Herbal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Diseases & Cancer
- Biochemistry and Clinical Biochemistry
- Giordo, R., Thuan, D. T. B., Posadino, A. M., Cossu, A., Zinellu, A., Erre, G. L., & Pintus, G. (2021). Iloprost Attenuates Oxidative Stress-Dependent Activation of Collagen Synthesis Induced by Sera from Scleroderma Patients in Human Pulmonary Microvascular Endothelial Cells. Molecules, 26(16), 4729. MDPI AG. Retrieved from http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/molecules26164729
- Duong Thi Bich Thuan, Hoang Thi Lan, Hoang Anh Dung, Nguyen Dong Hai (2020). Serum folate receptor alpha levels in patients of epithelial ovarian carcinoma. Journal of Medicine and Pharmacy, 5.
- Abdullah Shaito, Duong Thi Bich Thuan, Hoa Thi Phu, Thi Hieu Dung Nguyen, Hiba Hasan, Sara Halabi, Ali H Eid, Gianfranco Pintus (2020). Herbal Medicine for Cardiovascular Diseases: Efficacy, Mechanisms, and Safety. Frontiers in Pharmacology, 11.
- Thuan, D. T. B., Zayed, H., Eid, A. H., Abou-Saleh, H., Nasrallah, G. K., Mangoni, A. A., & Pintus, G. (2018). A Potential Link Between Oxidative Stress and Endothelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition in Systemic Sclerosis. Frontiers in immunology, 9.
- Duong Thi Bich Thuan, Hoang Thi Thu Huong (2012), “Study on the level of haptoglobin in menopausal women with overweight, obese condition”, Full text of Scientific research in the 6th Vietnam National Congress of Diabetes and Endocrinology, 6(1), 647-655.
AWARDS AND HONORS
- University of California at Davis “Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Conference” First Prize Poster Award (2018), “Globally Optimizing Public Health Resilience through Point-of-Care Testing for Infectious Diseases: Implementation for Prevention and Intervention in Central Vietnam”
- Ministry of Education and Training: Certificate of Merit (Academic years: 2016-2017 and 2017-2018, 2020-2021), Excellent Mission Accomplishment
- Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy & Hue University: Certificates of Merit (Academic years: 2010-currently): Excellent Mission Accomplishment
- Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy (2003-2009), General Practitioner
- Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy (2009-2011), Master of Functional Medicine
- University of Sassari, Italy School of Biomolecular and Biotechnological Sciences (2012-2016), PhD in Biochemistry, Physiology and Molecular Biology