THE COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
Through excellence in academics, research and innovation, the College of Engineering and Computer Science aims to nurture and develop young leaders in engineering and computer science with clear direction and vision, creativity and sound personal values; who pave the way for the development of science and technology, to increase labor productivity and to benefit society.
With a vision to become a research focused college, the College of Engineering and Computer Science will also offer different graduate programs and provide the best research environment for our faculty members to conduct world-class research and pursue advances in technology. Moreover, with the advantage of being in the ecosystem of Vingroup with a number of technology companies such as VinTech, VinSmart, VinID, and VinFast, the college will cooperate closely with these companies in research to create breakthrough technology products and solutions.
The College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) at Vin University is recruiting entrepreneurial-minded and innovative faculty members at all ranks: Distinguished Professor, Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor and Senior Lecturer in the fields of AI, Machine Learning, Big data, Robotics.
The College of Engineering and Computer Science faculty members will be responsible for major responsibilities of teaching, research and service. The workload allocation will be based on faculty ranking and track in alignment with international standards and practices.
- Prepare detailed course syllabi and instructional materials of assigned courses based on the Course outlines provided.
- Teach assigned courses including lectures, homework assignments, labs, projects and student assessment.
- Supervise or assist with supervision of undergraduate and graduate students.
Research and creative works:
- Carry out research and produce quality publications, patents, or other research outputs.
- Obtain competitive research funding support.
- Participate in conferences and seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the college.
- Engage with the broader scholarly and professional communities in development, innovation, entrepreneurship, technology transfer and commercialization initiatives.
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of high-quality, accredited curricula.
- Provide academic advice and support to students.
- Participate in the administration of the college programs of study and other activities as requested.
- Contribute to college and VinUni-wide working group or committees as requested.
A number of selected Senior Lecturers will be sent to Cornell University for a professional development program to prepare for qualifying as Assistant Professors according to Cornell’s standards.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Have a doctorate degree in related fields from established prestigious universities.
- Have a strong knowledge of the subject area combined with a broad subject background enabling contributions to teaching programs.
- Have experience in experiential teaching methods such as TBL (Team-based Learning), PBL (Project-based Learning), ABL (Action-based Learning) and simulation.
- Demonstrate distinction and/or promise in research, innovation and other creative work; and be ready to take on new research agendas and challenges by progressive and creative thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
VinUniversity will provide support for your research and professional development as following:
- Annual research support budget
- Shared initial research laboratory space and start-up equipment
- Potential for access to Cornell research facilities
- Potential for Visiting/adjunct faculty collaboration with Cornell University activities
- Student Research/Teaching Assistants in upcoming graduate programs
- Potential tenure contracts after initial probation and promotion periods
- Potential collaboration with many research institutes of Vingroup such as Vin Big Data, VinAI, VinBrain, VinIF, and industries such as VinFast, VinSmart etc …
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
– Accommodation: VinUniversity will provide accommodation benefit in the compensation package and assist with accomodation options.
– Working permit: VinUniversity will assist in establishing the paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, working permit, ID, driver license, insurance, etc.)
– Child education: VinUniversity will assist in finding an excellent school for your children. There is child education allowance if your children study at Vinschools.
– Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living and expatriates can live a very comfortable life here with a moderate expenditure.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send (1) a full curriculum vitae, (2) a cover letter, (3) a teaching and research statement and other relevant qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Vietnam Economic Times >> https://vneconomictimes.com/article/business/vingroup-partners-with-cornell-penn-universities
Philadelphia Business Journal >> https://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/news/2018/09/12/penn-medicine-vietnam-vinuni-vinmec-global-health.html