THE COLLEGE OF BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT
Through excellence in academics, research and innovation, the College of Business & Management (CBM) aims to nurture and develop competent business professionals, leaders and entrepreneurs with integrity who are critical thinkers and aspire to move Vietnam to a respectful position in the world.
For the first academic year 2020-2021, the College will offer 3 degree programs: Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management, and Bachelor of Real Estate. With our AACSB compliance Cornell University certified curricula, world-class international and Vietnamese faculty members, modern pedagogical approaches, and infrastructure at the forefront of technology, we will prepare our students to become a leader and innovator with entrepreneurial mindset, employed by top employers or self-employed.
With a vision to become a research focused college, the College of Business and Management will also offer different graduate programs and provide the best research environment for our faculty members to conduct world-class research and pursue advances in business. Moreover, with the advantage of being in the ecosystem of Vingroup with a number of technology companies such as Vinpearl, Vinhomes, Vinmart/Vinmart+, VinFast, VinTech, and Vincom Retail, the College will cooperate closely with these companies in research to create breakthrough technology & business products and solutions.
The College of Business and Management at VinUniversity is recruiting entrepreneurial-minded and innovative faculty members at all ranks: Distinguished Professor, Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor and Senior Lecturer in the fields of:
- Economics/ Business Analytics and Statistics
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
The College of Business and Management faculty members will be responsible for major responsibilities of teaching, research and service. The workload allocation will be based on faculty ranking and faculty track in alignment with international standards and practices.
- Prepare detailed course syllabi and instructional materials of assigned courses based on the Course outlines provided.
- Teach assigned courses including lectures, homework assignments, labs, projects and student assessment.
- Supervise or assist with supervision of undergraduate and graduate students.
Research and creative works:
- Carry out research and produce quality publications, patents, or other research outputs.
- Obtain competitive research funding support.
- Participate in conferences and seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the college.
- Engage with the broader scholarly and professional communities in development, innovation, entrepreneurship, technology transfer and commercialization initiatives.
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of high-quality, accredited curricula.
- Provide academic advice and support to students.
- Participate in the administration of the college programs of study and other activities as requested.
- Contribute to college and VinUni-wide working group or committees as requested.
A number of selected Senior Lecturers will be sent to Cornell University or other top universities for a professional development program to prepare for qualifying as Assistant Professors.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Have a doctorate degree in related fields from established prestigious universities.
- Have a strong knowledge of the subject area combined with a broad subject background enabling contributions to teaching programs.
- Have experience in experiential teaching methods such as TBL (Team-based Learning), PBL (Project-based Learning), ABL (Action-based Learning) and simulation…
- Master a coherent, progressive and creative thinking; to have a spirit and passion for education; to demonstrate distinction and/or promise in research, innovation and other creative work; to be able to take prompt actions with determination and be ready to take on new challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
VinUniversity will provide support for your research and professional development as following:
- Annual research and professional development support budget
- Potential to be Visiting/adjunct faculty collaboration with Cornell University activities
- Student Research/Teaching Assistants in upcoming graduate programs
- Potential tenure contracts after initial probation and promotion periods
- Potential collaboration with many industry partners within Vingroup ecosystem and in the region
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
– Accommodation: VinUniversity will provide accommodation benefit in the compensation package and assist with accommodation options.
– Working permit: VinUniversity will assist in establishing the paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, working permit, ID, driver license, insurance, etc.)
– Child education: VinUniversity will assist in finding an excellent school for your children. There is child education allowance if your children study at Vinschool.
– Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living and expatriates can live a very comfortable life here with a moderate expenditure.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send (1) a resume, (2) a cover letter, (3) a teaching and research statement and other relevant qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Vietnam Economic Times >> https://vneconomictimes.com/article/business/vingroup-partners-with-cornell-penn-universities
Philadelphia Business Journal >> https://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/news/2018/09/12/penn-medicine-vietnam-vinuni-vinmec-global-health.html