|Name of the program degree
||Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
||to be completed in 4 years on a full-time basis
||Option 1 Single major: 120 credits
Option 2 Major + minor in Robotics or Product Design or Technopreneur or another minor: 126 credits
The overall aim of the program is to nurture and develop young leaders in electrical engineering with clear direction and vision, creativity and sound personal values; who pave the way for the development of science and technology, to increase labor productivity and to benefit society.
Program Educational Objectives
The educational objectives of the Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering program are that within a few years of graduation, a majority of our graduates will demonstrate excellence in top graduate programs; or in technical and managerial leadership tracks in technology-based industries or other sectors; or pursuing entrepreneurial ventures. In these roles they will:
- Apply basic knowledge of electrical engineering principles and in-depth knowledge of one area of concentration to solve a full range of technical and societal problems;
- Conceive, design, and realize products, systems, and services, while properly respecting economic, environmental, cultural, safety, and ethical standards or constraints;
- Be leaders with an entrepreneurial mindset, effective communicators, and informed decision makers as members of multidisciplinary teams, supporting collaborative and inclusive environments;
- Discover and apply new knowledge, and engage in life-long learning for the profession of electrical engineering;
- Engage with their communities, profession, the nation, and the world.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics;
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors;
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences;
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts;
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives;
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions;
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies;
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a recognition of the importance of traditional values, national pride and global awareness.