Program Learning Objectives
1. “Professional Competencies in the Hospitality Industry”
Graduates will have broad understanding of the professional competencies expected in the hospitality industry.
- Have an understanding of core business information and knowledge.
- Have a good understanding of how to use numerical data
- Determine how to evaluate problems and implement strategic decisions
2. “Management Skills”
Graduates will know how to manage complex tasks while working in teams among diverse hospitality organizations.
- Demonstrate effective oral communication and listening skills.
- Be capable of effective written expression across genres and styles
- Exhibit those behaviors required to manage team tasks.
- Be able to apply management principles in cultural contexts
3. “Ethical Leadership”
Graduates will have demonstrated ethical behaviors for hospitality leadership in a global society.
- Show awareness of ethical reasoning in a variety of business and social settings.
- Demonstrate those attributes expected of hospitality executives.
- Be capable of leadership behaviors appropriate for a global and just society.
4. “Critical & Strategic Thinking”
As hospitality leaders, graduates will know how to apply critical and strategic thinking in order to adapt to emergent situations.
- Being able to comprehensively explore issues to formulate opinions.
- Understanding imagination, divergent thinking, and risk taking.
- Demonstrate how to analyze evidence that results in informed conclusions.
5. “Lifelong passion for learning”
Graduates will know the value of lifelong learning for professional and personal development for continuous improvement within the hospitality industry in Vietnam.
- Have an appreciation for purposeful learning on an ongoing basis to improve ones’ knowledge and career skills, and to positively affect the hospitality industry and Vietnamese society
- Working to make a difference in the life of the industry, community, and that of the country.